Meropenem Injection has Meropenem as the active ingredient and it is an effective medicine for treating a variety of infections, e.g.
- Bronchial Infections
- Lung Infections
- Bacterial Infections
- Infections After Delivery
- Management of reduced WBC count due to fever or other conditions
The active ingredient Meropenem inhibits the formation of the bacterial cell wall and stops the growth of bacteria.
This medication belongs to the family of carbapenem-type antibiotic.
Meropenem is useful in controlling, preventing and treating:
- Bacterial Infections
- Lung Infections in lungs and bronchi
- Infections During and after delivery
- Management Of Reduction in White Blood Cells due to Fever
- Meropenem (1000 MG) is the most common composition offered by Meropenem Injection manufacturers.
- It can be given for the treatment of Bacterial Meningitis. The drug reduces inflammation of the protective membrane surrounding the brain and spinal cord caused by Neisseria meningitidis and Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- It is quite useful in the treatment of skin and structure infection caused by Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyogenes. Meropenem reduces the wound infections as well.
- The drug can cure Intra-abdominal Infection caused by the manifestation of Escherichia coli and Klebsiella. Also, it reduces the infection in the lungs caused by streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae.
Based on demand, it can be made available in other strengths as well.
Meropenem Injection Side-effects & Precautions
- Swelling and redness at the injection site
- Fast heartbeat
- Skin rash
- Decreased urine output
- Body pain
- Itching and inflammation
The list of side-effects given here is not comprehensive. It is essential to report any abnormal symptom to the physician if it persists longer.
Since some of the side-effects could be rare, but they may be severe and life-threatening.
- Administration of the drug has to be as directed by the physician
- Meropenem Injection manufacturers mention the possible side-effects and precautions on the product leaflet
- Physicians should prescribe the drug based on the condition, age and weight of the patient
Information about specific medication allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health condition should be informed to doctors by patients
- Persistent diarrhea after administrating the drug has to be reported immediately.
The injection needs to be given directly in the vein.
- Meropenem may interfere with other medications such as oral anticoagulants, valproic acid or probenecid, etc.
- It is not suitable for breastfeeding or pregnant ladies.
The most widely recognized markets for this item incorporate the accompanying nations. If you don’t mind ask with us if your nation or district isn’t recorded:
ASIA: Afghanistan, Israel, Jordan, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Syria, Philippines, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Iran, Tajikistan, and so forth.
AFRICA: South Africa, Uganda, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Botswana, Egypt, Ethiopia, Libya, Sudan, Congo, Gambia, Ivory Coast , and so forth.
NORTH & SOUTH AMERICA: USA, Canada, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Argentina, Guatemala, Guyana, Peru, Bolivia, Venezuela , Brazil, Bahamas, Ecuador, and so forth .
EUROPE: Austria , Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom (UK) , Latvia, and so forth.
OCEANIA: Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, and so forth.